Iain L. Kennedy | Houston Attorney | Nathan Sommers Jacobs
“I aggressively pursue all available options to bring the quickest, most rewarding resolution to my clients’ disputes.”
Iain Kennedy is a practical and proven litigator. He represents businesses and individuals in a wide range of commercial litigation disputes. He regularly helps real estate developers, energy companies, banks and healthcare companies achieve their business goals through litigation, arbitration, appeals and settlement negotiation. He diligently researches the details of the underlying economics of his clients' industries, making Iain uniquely able to understand how to reach the best outcome for his clients.
Iain’s experience has been varied, including handling litigation and disputes involving real estate, trademark, employment, fraud, data privacy, product liability, mass tort, and class action matters. He is a trusted advisor to Texas-based, national and international companies. Iain is committed to providing clients with strategies to achieve the most successful, least disruptive and most cost-effective outcome possible. He is focused on how each case fits into his clients’ business objectives in order to achieve the best result.
Iain began his career as a law clerk to the Honorable Hilda G. Tagle of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. He previously worked as a business restructuring and litigation attorney in the New York office of an international law firm, and in the Houston and Miami offices of another international law firm, where he represented pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in litigation.
Iain has dedicated a substantial amount of time to the pro bono representation of immigrants applying for asylum and other immigration relief, in conjunction with YMCA of Greater Houston’s Immigration Legal Services department and Catholic Charities of the Archdioceses of Galveston-Houston. Outside of work, he spends his time with his wife, Chiqui, and their three children
Admitted to Practice
New York, 2011
Doctorate of Jurisprudence, with honors, The University of Texas School of Law, 2008
Bachelor of Science, Industrial & Labor Relations, Cornell University, 2005
- Member of Texas State Bar Association
- Member of Houston Bar Association
- Co-Author, When Coordination Isn't Key: Why and How to Oppose MDL Centralization, Bloomberg BNA Product Safety & Liability Reporter, May 23, 2016.
- Co-Author, Oversize Drug Packaging Suits Are A 'Waste' For Plaintiffs, Law360, March 10, 2016.
- Co-Author, Product Liability In The Age Of Global Pandemics, Law360, December 17, 2014.
- Co-Author, Thinking About Moving for Reconsideration of an Interlocutory Order? Take Your Time, The Dade County Bar Association Bulletin, November 2011.
- Co-Author, In re DBSD North America, Inc.: Second Circuit Addresses Trio of Issues, AIRA Journal, March 2011