David M. Washburn
“Experience is still the best teacher.”
David Washburn | Houston Attorney | Nathan Sommers Jacobs
“Experience is still the best teacher”
Perspective and perseverance
David Washburn practices primarily in the areas of corporate and business law, taxation and estate planning. Since joining Nathan Sommers Jacobs in 2000, David has focused on the areas of corporate and transactional matters, corporate and individual tax planning, and estate planning and probate. In particular, his corporate practice includes the formation and operation of corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, professional corporations, other business entities, mergers and acquisitions, and all aspects of corporate and business contracts. In the tax area, David provides tax planning and advice in connection with the structuring of business start-ups, acquisitions or divestitures of businesses, compensation and employee benefits, and individual tax planning. David also assists clients with estate and gift planning, including wills, trusts, business succession planning, family limited partnerships and probate matters.
David enjoys traveling, running and history.
Admitted to Practice
United States Tax Court, 1981
Doctorate of Jurisprudence, University of Virginia School of Law, 1981
Bachelor of Arts, Cornell University, 1978
- Member of American Bar Association Tax Section
- Member of Texas State Bar Association Tax Section
- Member of Houston Bar Association Tax Section
- Board Certified (Tax Law) by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers, a Thompson Reuters service, Super Lawyer - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011